March 1980 Texas Adoptee Looking For Birthparents

I am a Texas adoptee who was born the week of spring 1980 at Polly Ryan Medical Center in Richmond, Texas. I believe that one or both of my birthparents were in the military, and both worked in restaurants. Birthmother was born in 1957 with two sisters 1960 and 1961. My birthparents were married in February 1979, and were married for six months. I had seizures at birth as well. I had a closed adoption with now Spaulding For Children based in Houston, Texas. My birthfather was born in 1958. Over the past few years I have had adoptee angels working to filter through public records looking for a possible connection. I have had names checked as if I knew who they were, then I could receive my original birth certificate from the state. The names that I have right now that have not been checked are as follows:

Birthmother: Darlene Kay (Bennett) Peters
Birthfather: Douglas R. Whitehead

They should still be somewhere near Richmond, Texas today!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Followers

Autism bill defeated in committee

>> Sunday, February 1, 2009

Legislators killed a bill on Thursday that would have established tuition-assistance grant program for students with autism. Here is the article from WPCVA.

The Senate Education and Health Committee voted 10-5 to defeat Senate Bill 956. The bill would have allocated up to $20,000 a year per student to attend any private school that could address the student's needs. This is something that we absolutely needed for families who are already having to pay for such high treatment costs as well as education. Others had this to say,


"It's focused too much on the individual and not enough on the system," Houck said. "I would much rather apply the money that's accomplished in this bill to the entire public education system in Virginia."



D. Patrick Lacy Jr., of the Virginia School Boards Association, agreed.

"Rather than dodge the fact that school systems do not have the resources, why don't we address the resources that the school systems need versus this fix, which at best is a temporary fix - a patch," Lacy said.

Which things could have turned out better than what they have done here

0 special comments: