Followers

Food Allergies And Me

>> Monday, November 16, 2009

Over the summer, I was tested for food allergies. I had this blah feeling with some major bloating issues. So when I had to go to the doctor for something else, I asked about allergy testing. Luckily my insurance did cover it. When I called back for the results of my test, I found out that I was allergic to peanuts, corn, and soybean oil. It surprised me since I really do not have terrible reactions. I just swell up like a balloon. I would have to say that I am having a hard time staying away from the foods, but am I really trying? Not really. I just limit them for sure. I will have to do more research on these allergens so I can figure out what I do need to avoid. Soybean oil seems to be in everything these days. Peanuts is not that hard, but corn tends to be and I will try to avoid as much as possible.

Here are some of the resources that I did find:

Peanut Allergy

Corn Allergy

There is not much on soybean oil allergy, because it is not considered an allergen. However, some are not able to tolerate it. Like me.

1 special comments:

Chubskulit Rose November 16, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

My daughter is allergic to soy milk and son is allergic to peanut when they were young but I am not sure if they got over with with it already..

About the twitter bird, I am not sure where I got it hehehe.. I thin a friend of mine helped me install it.. Ask Dhemz, she knows I think.. thanks for the email.. I decided to just drop by here instead of emailing you.. mwah! Keep safe.