Followers

Rice Milk...Made Easy

>> Sunday, January 11, 2009

Currently I am reading two books from the library. In one book called, "The Kid-Friendly ADHD & Autism Cookbook. By Pamela J Compart, M.D., and Dana Laake R.D.H., M.S.,LDN. There is a recipe for rice milk. I enjoyed it after I made some for Dev. Milk makes his stomach hurt, so I thought that I would try this to see if he could tolerate it. He drinks it, but not like he would regular milk. It is different for us, but maybe he will eat it with cereal. I thought that I would share this recipe with you.

Rice Milk
4 cups hot/warm water
1 cup cooked rice (white or brown)
1 teaspoon vanilla. (Use pure vanilla extract and not imitation vanilla for the Feingold diet)

Place all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Let the milk set for about 30 minutes. Pour the milk steadily into another container, leaving most of the sediment in the first container. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.

Hope you will enjoy this recipe.

0 special comments: