March 1980 Texas Adoptee Looking For Birthparents

I am a Texas adoptee who was born the week of spring 1980 at Polly Ryan Medical Center in Richmond, Texas. I believe that one or both of my birthparents were in the military, and both worked in restaurants. Birthmother was born in 1957 with two sisters 1960 and 1961. My birthparents were married in February 1979, and were married for six months. I had seizures at birth as well. I had a closed adoption with now Spaulding For Children based in Houston, Texas. My birthfather was born in 1958. Over the past few years I have had adoptee angels working to filter through public records looking for a possible connection. I have had names checked as if I knew who they were, then I could receive my original birth certificate from the state. The names that I have right now that have not been checked are as follows:

Birthmother: Darlene Kay (Bennett) Peters
Birthfather: Douglas R. Whitehead

They should still be somewhere near Richmond, Texas today!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Followers

GFCF Play Dough

>> Monday, January 26, 2009

From time to time, I will be posting recipe's here that are GFCF. Here is one that I picked up for play dough. Using regular play dough is harmful on a GFCF diet as well as a Feingold diet. The wheat, and dyes from food colorings can be absorbed through the skin causing a reaction. You and your children will have fun making this together and know that it is safe to use in play and a wonderful stress reliever. Happy mixing, playing and relaxing!

Play Dough
2 cups white rice flour
4 teaspoons
GFCF cream of tartar
1/4 cup salt
2 teaspoons
xanthan gum
1/4 cup oil (use non-
hydrogenated oil to be sure)
Natural organic food coloring (Feingold diet)

Place all ingredients into a food processor except the food coloring. Slowly add 1.2 cup boiling water and stir until mixture forms a ball. If the dough is too dry add 1 tablespoon water at a time. Let cool and then kneed for 10 minutes. Separate into four balls and add 8 drops of food coloring to each. Store in sealed containers.

Note: food colorings and the wheat in play dough can be absorbed into the skin so use this recipe instead of buying play dough at the store. I use play dough for the kids when they are highly stressed and agitated. Playing with the dough released anxiety issues as well. Happy mixing, playing, and relaxing with play dough.

0 special comments: