Followers

Pre-term Birth Tied To Autism

>> Thursday, January 29, 2009

I found this article at Reuters.com about pre-termed babies are about two to three times more likely to be diagnosed with autism. Preemies are at risk for many different illnesses. The scientists are looking at environmental and genetic possible causes. Dr. Karl Kuban stated," The increased risk for autism indicated in these children may not be directly caused by being born prematurely. Instead, it is possible that whatever causes a child to have autism also may force an early birth." Both of my pregnancies went full -term, and both have autism. You can read the numbers on the study at the link. I have known some parents with pre-term babies that do have a form of autism, but me myself I have no experience on that one. Were yours pre-term babies?

0 special comments: