Followers

Autism Rates

>> Wednesday, January 14, 2009

California autism rates are going up. It is estimated that autism rates among children five years or younger rose from 0.8 percent out of 10,000 children born in California in 1990 to 11.2 percent per 10,000 children born in 2006. A cumulative incident per 10,000 births climbed from 6.2 percent in 1990 to 42.5 percent in 2001. Researchers are wanting to look more into environmental aspects to hopefully explain why autism is on the rise. You can read this article from ABC.com on the subject. Environmental aspects cannot be excluded in the search for autism causes; however, I believe our autism gifts are genetic. I do not limit myself on causes, but I do know what my heart feels when I do observations of my surroundings and views on autism. Much research is needed still, and I hope that someday the world will know for sure. Changes are slim, but I have confidence in researchers.

Easter Seals has a state by state profile on the number of autistic cases in America. You can view them here. I came across it several months ago, and I thought that I would share this information with you. The count was done in 2006-2007. You will be amazed and can now compare cases with other states and even learn about your own. Hope you will visit. Have a good day!!

0 special comments: