Followers

Weight Gain: Abilify

>> Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Earlier this month I was reading headlines from blogs that I have subscribed to, and I found something interesting. Action For Autism is looking for autistics who are currently on Abilify. Abilify has been approved for those with autism. Weight gain is the name of the game, and it is said that you can gain up to a pound a week. For the past two years, I myself have been on Abilify, and I have seen significant weight gain. I take it as a mood stabilizer. Before I started taking the medication, I weighted about 115 pounds (little I know). Over time, I have gained about another 50 pounds. I had talked to my doctor about it once, and she had assured me that it was not the Abilify that was causing my weight gain, but just feeling better. I still had my suspicions about the whole ordeal, and was excited to learn that my suspicions were if fact correct. If you have a child on Abilify, please contact Action For Autism. There is also a Yahoo group for Abilify and weight gain if you would like to join. The link will be on Action For Autism's blog. Please visit the link above for more information. You can also click on the button below. Thank you and let your voice be heard!!

Abilify and Weight gain

1 special comments:

Jen January 21, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

V interesting info and link, thank you:) Jen