March 1980 Texas Adoptee Looking For Birthparents

I am a Texas adoptee who was born the week of spring 1980 at Polly Ryan Medical Center in Richmond, Texas. I believe that one or both of my birthparents were in the military, and both worked in restaurants. Birthmother was born in 1957 with two sisters 1960 and 1961. My birthparents were married in February 1979, and were married for six months. I had seizures at birth as well. I had a closed adoption with now Spaulding For Children based in Houston, Texas. My birthfather was born in 1958. Over the past few years I have had adoptee angels working to filter through public records looking for a possible connection. I have had names checked as if I knew who they were, then I could receive my original birth certificate from the state. The names that I have right now that have not been checked are as follows:

Birthmother: Darlene Kay (Bennett) Peters
Birthfather: Douglas R. Whitehead

They should still be somewhere near Richmond, Texas today!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Followers

Hotel Room For Autistics In New Jersey

>> Monday, January 25, 2010

The Clinton Inn Hotel in Tenafly, New Jersey is offering accommodations for parents and children of autism spectrum disorders. The rooms include unbreakable glassware, bumpers on furnishings, special locks and in-room decor and accessories that can't be knocked off. For those who choose to stay at the hotel will receive a welcome box of activities, a special-needs menu, free in-room movie and even access to a reserved table at the hotel's restaurant. Clinton Inn also donates part of the proceeds from stays in the suit to charitable organization Autism Speaks, according to The News Tribune. In Mercury News, rates for the special-needs room start at $179 per night. Would you not pay anything to have a peaceful nights sleep knowing that your autistic children are safe and sound, entertained, and feed correctly while you are on vacation? So if you are looking for a place that can accommodate your children's special needs so you can have a vacation to remember, then try the Clinton Inn Hotel in Tenafly. The name of the suite for autistic children is called the Alpine Suite.
Clinton Inn manager Tony Morreale knows firsthand the challenges of parenting an autistic child.

1 special comments:

Jen January 26, 2010 at 4:52 AM  

Well, I am impressed!! Good on them, I hope more hotels try it:) Jen.