Followers

Feeling Lost With Doctors

>> Sunday, December 7, 2008

As many may know, my boys are dealing with rashes (eczema and psoriasis). I have taken the boys to a pediatrician hoping I would find the help that I need so much. Didn't get to far with that one, just learned I need to find a DAN(Defeat Autism Now) doctor. I turned to my yahoo group ASD-MS, and was told of one in Louisiana. I am not able to travel so far, so now I really feel lost. Before I just jump in to putting them on the GFCF diet, I need to know what they are allergic to (if anything). As far as the Fiengold Diet goes, removing the colors and dyes in their diet seemingly means that it would be my choice in doing this. I believe it would help them as well. I have asked a few people what my options are now with finding a doctor. Maybe they will help. If anyone who reads my blog knows of any options that I might have, please let me know. I am just wanting to care for them the way I should, and finding the right doctor to test them is my top priority. I will search the web and hope to find something, but I just don't know. Thanks for reading and I'll be happy to hear from you.
Amanda

5 special comments:

Betsy Brock December 9, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

Hi! What a nice surprise to see you on my followers list. I just had to come by and pay you a visit! Your boys are adorable! Good luck finding a DAN doctor. It made all the difference with our family. We've never had the skin stuff, though, so don't have any advice there. But I have found that the physically healthier you can get your autistic child, the more the autism lessens!

amandaautismx2 December 9, 2008 at 9:26 AM  

Thanks Betsy,
Always looking for new friends here. I did find only one here in Mississippi so well see where I go from here. Thanks again and hope you continue to enjoy my blog. I do try with it, and still have a lot to learn.
Amanda

MARGARETE December 11, 2008 at 3:17 PM  

Get a immuno-cap blood test for children. This can show some allergies. Also, if it doesn't show anything...you can start off by taking away milk,(whey, casein)for about 3 weeks. Afterwards start back up and see what happens. (I found out...the hard way... that milk is a big cause of skin problems and hyperactivity) My dd is allergic to milk, eggs. Intolerant to apples and other things. She has now been on the CF/GF diet for a few months.

MARGARETE December 11, 2008 at 3:23 PM  

I'm back. ~smile~ I wanted to say that we stay away from the colors etc... My daughter drinks alot of water, a cup or two of orange juice a day and sometimes she can have clear soda. We also have her stay away alot of sugar. Your DAN doctor will probably give you vitamins and minerals for your boys. You can do it!!

amandaautismx2 December 12, 2008 at 9:54 AM  

Thanks so much Margarete. Have you seen my post on the Fiengold Diet? I find it truly amazing. I have received a packet of information regarding the dyes and other modern science additives in our foods today. Hopefully I'll get around to talking about some of the things I did learn. You can take a look at their website. You can find it under my entry named,"Food Additives and Your Child's Behavior." Our only DAN doctor in Mississippi has told me that he won't be able to do skin test for at least 6 more months. He is now just getting started, and a few members of my autism group (ASD-MS yahoo) have seen him as well. Thanks so much for visiting and hope to see you around. Keep coming back and watch it grow.