Followers

A Child's Plea For A Change

>> Saturday, December 27, 2008

My little Dev had some ice cream, which I knew was a no no for some reason. He said," Mommy my tummy hurts. We need to take out all that bad stuff." I had told him that it was probably the milk. It was Breyer's chocolate ice cream. Once an active milk drinker is suddenly turned away from it because he ended up in the bathroom with a sick digestive system. A few days ago, He had some orange juice that was not on the Feingold diet. He was now complaining of it hurting him as well. I had showed him a bag of Doritos that was a big no no for the Feingold diet and GFCF diet. He said he didn't want those either. He is now sitting at the table drawing on a piece of paper being very good. As the days went by, I've noticed that he is learning what is not good. He is starting to realize all along what I've been telling him. These foods are obviously bothering him, and he just doesn't want anything else to do with it. I hope so anyways at least for home if not for school. Then again he is always full of surprises, and he may stay away since he knows what it makes him feel like. I'm not sure what Ed thinks about it. He never really said, but I can tell a difference when he isn't flooded with all the bad ingredients. Unfortuantly, I am having a hard time getting my husband to understand that modern day foods are filled with many toxins that can alter a persons behavior causing a variety of symptoms. I believe that it would help the entire family, but when you can't agree on something then there isn't much you can do. As far as the children goes, I don't think that it will be too hard to eliminate some if not all of the ingredients. I do have a list of all possible problems with chemicals from the Feingold diet. I will be more than happy to provide you with that list if you are wanting to see what is on it. Thanks again and see you all soon.

0 special comments: