Followers

McCain, Obama go head to head in last debate!!!

>> Sunday, October 19, 2008

Politics and autism is a main political point in history. Autism is big news, and there is much to know about the conditions that affect so many people today. Research is still on going for thousands of researchers around the world. There has also been a lot going on in the United Kingdom as well as other countries. It is spreading all over the world. Could it be an epidemic like some say...I wonder. I am quoting the first paragraph of a face off between Barack Obama and John McCain. It's a transcript for that debate. HEMPSTEAD, New York (CNN) -- Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain and Democrat Sen. Barack Obama faced off at Hofstra University Wednesday night in their last debate before Election Day. Bob Schieffer of CBS was the moderator. Here is a transcript of the debate.
It is quite lengthy so I would allow time to read it. About 20-30 minutes. This is what I thought:
CNN Presidential Candidate Debate Transcript

John McCain said about autism:

"She'll be my partner. She understands reform. And, by the way, she also understands special-needs families. She understands that autism is on the rise, that we've got to find out what's causing it, and we've got to reach out to these families, and help them, and give them the help they need as they raise these very special needs children."

This is very well put.
What Barack Obama said about autism:

"I do want to just point out that autism, for example, or other special needs will require some additional funding, if we're going to get serious in terms of research. That is something that every family that advocates on behalf of disabled children talk about."

This to me doesn't seem right. I quote, " If we're going to get serious in terms of research." I felt like he doesn't think it needs to be a serious thing. This is my opinion only.

1 special comments:

Melissa October 20, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

I love your blog and so glad to have a fellow mom in our ASD-group blogging. Mine is a family blog, but I love how yours is all the new info on Autism. I just wanted you to know that I tagged you on my blog. I also added a link to your blog to increase traffic to your blog and as a great resource to all of us mom's. Keep up the great writing!