Lost Memories

>> Monday, March 29, 2010

Today was a sad day for our family. The house that my husband grew up in has burned. I was checking my email, and noticed that on my local news list there was a house in Shannon, MS that had burned. I took a closer look at the picture and noticed that it was my husband's grandmother's house. He had grew up in the house his entire life. We even lived there for about two years after we had gotten married, so it was a very memorable house to all of us. My husband is on his way there and has only seen this picture:

As you noticed that the fire trucks are on concrete. It was this way at the house because my husbands uncle owns a furniture factory that is next to it. It used to belong to his grandfather. After looking at another source, I found this picture. My husband has not seen this one yet, but from the looks of it is the house.

See how the concrete goes right up to the house! Where the firefighters are standing, it used to be an entire room, but had recently been made into a garage without outer walls. The house was being rented out at the time. We are thankful that no one was hurt.

0 special comments: